Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Marriage & Divorce

My husband left 3 years ago to live with another woman. He wants to come home. should i let him?
Find answers to your legal question.

My husband left 3 years ago to live with another woman. He wants to come home. should i let him?

my husband left me and his 2 young children 3 years ago .Unknown to me he was having an affair. He went to live with this woman. After 6 months he came home, but was still in contact with his 'lady friend' I asked him to go . Since then he has left the other woman and is now living in a flat on his own. I have asked him if he wants to start again on quite a few occasions, but each time he has said no, he didn't know what he wanted.I have always wanted him to come home, but over the past 6 months my feelings have changed and I have met someone else. Now all of a sudden my husband wants to come home, saying saying that he cant be a part- time Dad anymore!! Not that he actually spent any length of time with his children anyway, (he has never had them to stay overnight at all in the past 2 years.! I still have feelings for him and he says he has feelings for me ? But dont know if I can have him back. Does this sound awful? My mind is so confused. Anyone got any helpful advice?

carol
You may always have feelings for him. Why wish anybody bad? But after what has happened NEVER take him back. It would turn out an even larger tragedy than the past. has been.

tracyann t
Rating
don,t be daft once he cheated he do it again 2 u don,t take him bk

dungeoness
NO

jdg
Rating
Don't be a door mat go with your new person make a clean break i think you have waited too long.find happiness you deserve it...

Rebecca
No... you've given him plenty of opportunity and now that you are no longer "available" he is suddenly interested? If he wants to be more than a "part-time" dad tell him that he can start by having the kids over to his flat...overnight...
You will always have feelings for him cuz he is the father of your children... but that doesn't mean that you have to sacrifice your happiness for a man who can't seem to make up his mind... or worse, wants a wife AND be able to "fool around."
You and your children seem to have adjusted to his absence. Think of what it would put the kids through if he left again... and honey, he will. It is now an option in his mind... "Oh, I can leave, do what I want, and she'll take me back." Show him that you CAN and WILL live life without him!!

shellysnapz
Rating
"Since then he has left the other woman and is now living in a flat on his own"<<<<<<<<<<<well poor him, it's his own fault

this is the reason why he wants to come back....say no and get on with your life...he abandoned you and your kids for another women...unforgivable....dont take him back...because once he's got his feet back under the table, he will start it again....say no, let him live his sad miserable life on his own...what goes round comes round Hun, he made his bed, now let him lie in it...

Candy
I think he is jealous of you seeing someone else and this is his way of stopping you. Don't fall for his lies, follow your feelings

Ontheotherhand
Rating
Being a spouse and father isn't a part time job. It also isn't something you can dabble in. You either do the job, or you abdigate your responsibilities. There is no middle ground. He left. To decide to return home after 3 years is silly. The marriage, and parental relationship IS dead. Since you've found somebody new, simply ignore hubby's idea of getting back with you, and continue seeing the new guy. You and the children have gotten along without hubby all this time, so let him stay alone in his flat. His wishes and desires are immaterial.

RM
I don't understand why you would consider it for even a minute.

It sounds like you have no self-confidence at all, if the only reason you changed your mind about having him back was the possibility of a relationship with someone else.
You really need to get some classes on self-esteem and you also need to learn to validate yourself by yourself. You seem to be depending on him to do that. That's giving him way too much credit by the sound of it.

MANC & PROUD
Your leaving yourself wide open to hurt again,if you really want to try insist counselling or just concentrate on your new man.

deen
Rating
hunny ok hold on grab a mirrior and ask yourself this question who do i love more my husband or this new partner , now the reason i asked that because your face will never lie to you it can tell what you want, hunny you have history with your husband but you have your future with this new man now in my opinon life move forward never backwards so you choose history or future

Apple21
No, no, no. At least not now. Let him PROVE his love for you and those children. That takes time. Don't just open the door and let him back.

shakthi v
Rating
Accepting him, is a good thing but one condition ask him to be a true husband to u and a good father to the childrens

sexy_love_vi
he should of thought of his family before he left.

Hobnobs
Typical man I'm afraid.... only prompted into action if they feel someone else is going to take their toys away from them... he sounds like a selfish sh.it (sorry!).... I would focus on your new relationship.... your husband will soon get bored of you again, once he has you back.

One Love &lt;3
Rating
I would say no. It took you 3 years to get kinda get over this man, it would be like taking steps back. He sees him self alone and sees that you now are in a better place in your life, so of course he wants to be part of that. He doesn't sound like a "for better or for worst" kinda man.

dark rachel
Rating
don't fall into this trap. has he even given you child support.

tko43078
Rating
NO. He will just do it again when the next girl comes along. Don't let him back in your life. Move on.

dukalink6000
Rating
His past behavior speak volumes.

Let him go

Jen
I've never been in this situation but screw him! How dare he leave you with those children,
you are now a strong independent woman,
don't let him take that away from you.

marcus p
Let him have all the time he wants with his kids, but explain that the time for you and him together has passed. He will land on his feet when he can commit to a relationship.

donua1022
Rating
I think it would be hard for you to go back, never go backwards, always go forward.............he only wonted you again, after you found someone else. As for the part-time dad, sounds like he has never really been any kind of dad, you have moved on, meet someone else, maybe your still do have feelings for your husband, but that is normal, you can't just switch on and off. Go forward, move on, be happy, good luck and god bless.

The Mole
Tough. He didn't want you before and now he is jealous you have moved on whilst his affair didn't work so now he is suddenly wanting again and feeling a loss of control because you met someone else instead of sobbing into a hanky and feeling the world had ended.

Once ruined what you have probably disappear again. Have him visit his children by all means, but don't let him ruin what you have with your new partner.

If you still have feelings for him you could lose what you have so be very sure if you give your new guy up. First impressions though is your ex is not very loyal and not 100% committed so I would keep your guard up. I think sure, wish your ex the best, but you need someone in your life that will love you and give you what you need and deserve. I think you have moved on and should stay that way and mentally decide that once and for all.

Even if you do still have 10% of feelings for him, the way he has treated you means if you do you will suffer the same as before. If you do take him back. In which case you may be better having a break from relationships for a while. But I don't think that is the case and you are better making your new guy work. Put some distance in if you need to so he can visit, but not every day.

Why should you make yourself lonely just because he is and why should you be with someone that will hurt you. If I were in your situation I would feel betrayed and not feel all that forgiving and would ditch them even if I had feelings. I would know someone better was out there. He has made a mistake and so tough.

jenna p
Rating
No way it was his choice to play a part time dad, he can still play a large role in their lives wirhout living with you. My mum and dad divroced when i was 8 and i never felt i missed out. He will only cause you more heartache, if he has done it once he will do it again, dont let him use you whilst his life is on a downer

dollybird
If you have started a new life with someone else then my advise to you is No dont go back to your husband you have given him several opportunities to return home and he has turned them down. I think what may be his problem now is that you no longer depend on him because you have got on with your life. He should have thought about his children before he walked away from them. He is playing mind games. You have got over your hurdle go forward not backwards. Dont let him influence you into making the wrong decision.It appears to me that he is a very selfish man, did he consider your feelings when he left.When he says that he has feelings for you did he mention the word Love. Feelings is just a word, we all have feelings might not be good ones but nontheless we all have them. He is giving you a cold description.Feeling sorry for himself dont be taken in. You see to your kids and yourself, forget the husband. Good Luck in your new relationship. I

SKIBBY.
Sounds to me he's jealous that you have someone else, and if you hadn't he would still probably want to stay in his flat with that type of life that goes with it.

William Wallace
I have some advice, keep him where he is at right now and you go on with your life. You have asked him back before on numerous occasions, but he declined. I would have let one decline go for the sake of letting him figure out what he wants in life but he chose to take his time in finding out and to me that is a sign of being unsure. I would cut my losses and move on with someone who knows what they want. Good luck.

Baylin ♥
Don't take him back. I mean, he RAN AWAY with another woman!

♥fluffykins_69♥
don't go back there, get on with your life without him, he only wants you now because he can see your getting on in life now and he is not doing to well.

Amber
My husband and I have been separated for three years now are children have been living with me for over a year now I've been fighting like crazy to get them like they use to their on medicine now for adhd its been hard but I'm with someone new and they help me with everything. But I want a divorce from him so I can move on with my life and get married to my boyfriend but I don't know how to get a divorce that's cheap cause I don't make much money. If you have any other way around this please let me know.

Amber
My husband and I have been separated for three years now are children have been living with me for over a year now I've been fighting like crazy to get them like they use to their on medicine now for adhd its been hard but I'm with someone new and they help me with everything. But I want a divorce from him so I can move on with my life and get married to my boyfriend but I don't know how to get a divorce that's cheap cause I don't make much money. If you have any other way around this please let me know.

ESlzicka
Hi I am in similar situation except that it is me who left my husband year ago. we have been together for 9 years and married in 2009. we had 2 year old son. We hed a massive argument few months after wedding and my husband was quite physical with me infront of our son. since then I didn't love him any more even it was one occasion. he didn't even say sorry to me. I left him 6 months after wedding. I started to live with another man. My huband asked for another chance even he knew I am with somebody else. I said no. I said I don't love him any more. but I do. We have shared custody, we are still not divorced. I don;t want divorce, I want my huband back as I love him very much. nobody can ever replace what we had together and we took it for granted. My husband doesn;t want me back now. I bought a house with my new partner but still - I love my husband and I don;t know what to do. I have never cheated on my husband - never ever!!!! I think 3 years is a long time to change your mind for your husband to come back so suddenly. I wanted to come back to my husband 6 months after I left but he didn;t want to.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Is kissing and seeing a guy friend cheating on hubby behind his back?

How cruel is this????
I've just asked my Mum why didn't have a dad like the rest of friends? She said basically it was all my fault! I asked what it was ,that so bad that my dad would leave and never come back? S...

My ten year old freind smokes is it ok ?
i have known him for 10 years and he hanged around with new people now he smokes and he is just turned 13 is he likes okay to do that ...

How do you feel when you see that your ex-spouse has moved on?
Are you jealous, happy for them, or angry? Explain....

When should men resort to physical violence against their girlfriends ?
1. When they cheat on you ?
2. When they change the TV when the game is on ?
3. When they fail to do the dishes ?...

My husband and I decided 35 years ago not to have children.?
After 35 years of not having children, our choice, my husband now regrets not having them. It is too late for me, so he wants to have a child with another woman. I am upset and hurt, plus I am angry ...

HOW DO I TELL MY WIFE THAT I'VE BEEN SEEING ANOTHER WOMAn?
I THINK IT MUST HAVE BEEN A MISTAKE...

Gay Marriage? Yes or No??
With all of the talk about gay marriages and constitutional amendments to prevent them... What is your opinion on Gay Marriage? Should they be legalized? Why or why not??...

Is it proper for a husband to purchase a high priced item without his wife knowing?

Poll: Married or Single?

HELP...My husband wont leave me alone!?
My husband and i have been together for 5 years,and married for 1 1/2 years.I have been so unhappy for the past year or so.He tells me where and what to do,and he doesnt let me go anywhere without ...

My wife is texting another man at least 400 to 600 times a month said there just frineds?
tell me ladies the must be something going ...

My wife told me that she is not happy and needs "space" to have an affair. What should I do?

Additional Details
There follows a question where the roles are reversed a bit.

Its funny that the majority of answers here say leave her and do not attack her.
Yet when ...

Do you believe once a cheater, always a cheater?
My ex husb just cheated on his current girlfreind and its all my friends talk about....

My husband always says "I love you" everytime right before we hang up the phone or leave each other.?
I know its a good thing, but can you say "I love you" too much, to where there is really not a lot of meaning behind it anymore? Please answer!! T...

He hit me back!?
I had a big arguement with my boyfriend and i got so angry that I punched him in the face. i didnt think he would do anything back but then he swung his arm round and struck me on the top of my arm ...

I'm getting married next saturday, any words of wisdom????

My boyfriend punched me last night and broke my nose?
he was drunk, and he has apologised about it this morning, he has broke my nose before, should i forgive him again this time?????????????????????...

Should I feel guilty making $100K a year?
own my own home, have a pretty nice stock portfolio and have no debt and no kids or wife to worry about WHEN my sister is dead broke, keeps having kids and picking losers for boyfriends?...

Can you advice me please?
My husband who cheated on me said that either we move forward or go our separate way. He made a new commitment by saying that he has stopped all communication with the other women and will not ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, April 24, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links